Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 65
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Do you have an Egyptian Tatoo?  (Read 130318 times)

Re: Do you have an Egyptian Tatoo?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 07:55:39 am »
Sis,

That tatoo sounds freakin sweet! Try to upload a picture of it! Would love to see it!
Khety (formerly Meritaten)
A'AbuRaHeruakhety--"Ra's Purity/Ra's Purification"
Sat Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Set, Nut her Aset-Serqet.

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 09:55:39 am »
Quote from: AAbuRaHeruakhety
!!!!!!!!!! NESI! Im goping to the Blink 182 concert in Pittsburgh 8/14! Freakin love the Blink!

Woot :)

Your hubby designs tats?

Nah. After he got his first tattoo, he drew some mock-ups of what he might like to get down the road. When I came along, he took one of the designs he had already drawn, and re-designed it to create my tattoo. He's creative but, not a professional.

Can see it here (wedding photo), and   here  (facebook) -- The whole thing is going to be extended if we ever have the cash, but we just moved into a new place and we're busy sinking money into new sofas, oof.

My husband went on to get a second tattoo last month, it's an Edmonton Oilers tattoo on the back of his arm. *** Please note for the squeamish: There are pictures of a tattoo being needled below.

One pic here (that's the tattoo artist, lol)  and   another here  and   another here  and   one more  plus the   original logo .  (and here's a picture of him   "enjoying" the experience, lol. )
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Nesiwepwawet »

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 08:29:34 pm »
Sis,

That tatoo sounds freakin sweet! Try to upload a picture of it! Would love to see it!

I started the touchups today, so it's messy. I will try to get some pics up when it quits gooshing. ;)
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

I provide writing, editing, and tutoring services in exchange for donations to the House. PM me for details.

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 03:59:19 am »
Ummm what's a tramp stamp? If tramp has the same connotation over there as out here, why would you want to associate that with your Gods?

Blessed be,
Corvina
[color:blue]Child of Aset[/color]

Offline Maainakhtsen

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 04:32:21 am »
Quote from: Corvina
Ummm what's a tramp stamp? If tramp has the same connotation over there as out here, why would you want to associate that with your Gods?

Blessed be,
Corvina

A "tramp stamp" is a way of saying a lower-back tattoo. It does mean what you think it does, but only in a half-serious way.
Senebty,
Ma'ai

"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't." -A Fortune Cookie

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 06:34:00 am »
Are you coming to the states for the Blink, are they coming up there to Canada?  Fall Out Boy and Kings of Leon too, Cant wait.

Balls, Know anyone that draws professionally besides the artist, they will not draw it up unless you plan on getting that tatoo at their shop and that day. killin me...
Wedding Tats!!! Got to love it! Looks great. The artist did a great job on the Oilers tat.

Sat Ra-Heruakhety

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 06:39:38 am »
Right!
I dont think I would get a name there, but something Egypty, lotus, dancers, a scence from a text. Like I am really fond of Tut and his wife (from his chair found in his tomb-it is that very well know representation of him other than the mask) When heck freezes over, when I get married going to get that scene somewhere, but yikes where!?
If I were to get a name tat somewhere I think I would put it on my upper back, upper arms, shoulders.  No where trampy, however if Heru-Wer is your name I think he would think it was freakin awesome! HA! Alright dont qoute me on that...
Sat Ra-Heruakhety

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 06:41:32 am »
LOL ewwwwa!! The ones one my back were really bad for "gooshiness" Everything kept stickin the creamy sh*t they make you put on it.  
Sat Ra-Heruakhety

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 07:08:10 am »
A good shop and artist will work with you to get exactly the piece you want.  Maybe you need to shop around a little more, Khety.
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

Offline Metitaitui

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 08:03:29 am »
I have a lower back tattoo of Heru's eyes on feathers and I don't think of it as a tramp stamp or trampy...
sat Set her Djehuty meryt Ra, Heru-wer, her Hethert

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 08:07:13 am »
Are you coming to the states for the Blink, are they coming up there to Canada?  

We don't own passports, we could never go down to the States.

They are playing GM Place (Vancouver, BC, Canada).

Re: Tramp stamp

LOL, it's half-joking when most people say it, including me -- and I'd usually only say it to someone I knew wouldn't get offended (something someone else and I said to each other in a bit of a side-conversation) -- it's just to identify the location as I've always known it as a tramp-stamp 'round here. It's said in a tongue-in-cheek manner, the fact that I'd get one if I had the body for it should tell you that I don't see anything negative about them.

Hope no one got bent out of shape over the terminology ;) Life's too short to be too serious!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Nesiwepwawet »

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 11:47:37 am »
Many tattoo shops around here will do your art for a fee whether or not you get it done there. Keep shopping around till you find what you want. Incidentally, if you are in the Austin, TX, area, I can recommend some guys.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

I provide writing, editing, and tutoring services in exchange for donations to the House. PM me for details.

Offline Munefmontu

• Shemsu
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 04:41:39 pm »
Tramp stamp... Ha.. the name becomes funnier if a guy has a tattoo there. We call that an  @$$ hat!
Sat Montu
Meryt Amun-Ra her Sekhmet her Khnum

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 05:09:15 pm »
Quote from: Munefmontu
Tramp stamp... Ha.. the name becomes funnier if a guy has a tattoo there. We call that an  @$$ hat!

hahaha I have never in my life heard that term for it -- I lol'd :)

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 01:43:15 am »
*awkwardly jumping into thread*

Nei, none of my tats are Kemetic in nature, as a matter of fact most of my tattoos are Ásatrúar in nature. For a time I had thought of getting a Kemetic tat, but, ultimately, with deep contemplation, I decided against this.
But, I've seen fólks with some really neat Kemetic tats. If I can remember the name of the book (the last name of the fellow who wrote it was Rush, that is all I can remember off of the top of my head) I'll post it, but, this fellow wrote this book about tattoo and its spiritual relevance and things, and for some of the shots in the book he was a model and this guy is covered almost head to toe in Kemetic tats (I think he stated in one of his books that he's a Kemetic Reconstructionist of one order or another, I'm scatterbrained like mad right now)...but now I'm rambling...there was apoint in there somewhere, I might remember it too eventually.

Ást,
Brynhildur
Oh Serpent! I am the flame which shineth upon the Opener of hundreds of thousands of years, and the standard of the god Tenpu, the standard of young plants and flowers. Depart ye from me, for I am the divine Mafdet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2846
  • stats Total Posts: 281563
  • stats Total Topics: 18963
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 106
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything