Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 71
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: A Word on RPD  (Read 140962 times)

Re: A Word on RPD
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2010, 09:58:22 am »
I have to say that a system that allows for "Mut in Her Name of Amunet" as a result must be pretty damn inclusive, but that's just me :D So I wouldn't worry about obscure Gods not appearing :P

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2010, 11:02:51 am »
I'm not saying that you can't work with gods outside of your RPD, however, in theory- *any* god can be your parent. And to have a ritual that has such emphasis on it, to only have a select few deities be "allowed" to be recognized... just seems... unfair?

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2010, 11:09:43 am »
Quote from: Akhytsenu
I have to say that a system that allows for "Mut in Her Name of Amunet" as a result must be pretty damn inclusive, but that's just me :D So I wouldn't worry about obscure Gods not appearing :P

Yeah, I was going to say that there are a lot of assumptions here about what can and can't happen in RPD that may or may not be accurate.  I've seen some pretty obscure gods come up in RPD.  Like Satet.  I'd never even heard of Satet before I saw Her in someone's sig line.  So before sayinng "RPD is limited because it can't show X", I would make sure that was actually true.  Of course there can only be so many shell combinations, but my sense is that even so the possible combinations are pretty darn extensive.  :)  I mean it's a system that allows for "Mut", "Mut in her Name of Amunet" and "Amunet".  I mean that's pretty darned specific.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taji »
Tasedjebbast,
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Set & Heru-wer Who Are the Bawy
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2010, 11:14:55 am »
Yeah, that's why I wanted clarification... but only one person really addressed that.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2010, 11:32:40 am »
I am hoping to get clarification on this question btw ;) just have not been able to as yet.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2010, 11:45:11 am »
Having been at two RPD weekends, and watching Hemet(AUS) consult the shell-result book (though, I haven't looked at the book myself), I'm fairly confident that there's room for just about any and every combination you could think of to be in there.

(The book is probably 50-100 pages, is about 5x7 inches, and from what I saw, every single page is full. Which gives the possibility of THOUSANDS of Names and combination's.)

Also, when I had my RPD back in 2004... the House had never seen any divination with Bast-Mut. Yet, the Bast-Mut affected the shells, and Hemet(AUS) had that result in Her book. :)
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2010, 12:11:02 pm »
Em hotep, Devo.  

As our Nisut (AUS)is the only person who does RPD, and is the only person with a full understanding of the system, you should ask her what it's limitations are.  

Once again, we are all just guessing.  Go to the source.

Blessings,

Tahai

TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2010, 12:15:46 pm »
Quote from: Devo
Yeah, that's why I wanted clarification... but only one person really addressed that.

-Devo

I agree with Tahai.  Hemet (AUS) is the only person who really can address that.  This would be a good question for "Ask the Nisut".  :)
Tasedjebbast,
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2010, 12:22:50 pm »
I guess I was hoping that perhaps someone here would have an answer before I bugged her. I try to be very selective in what I ask, since I know she's a busy person.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2010, 12:46:58 pm »
Actually Devo ;) you may be the first person to ask the question in just that way, which is why nobody has already come forward with a response.

People have generally asked about what gods tend to show up, or, will certain gods ever show up (which usually gets answered by "the gods can show up whenever they want" and then sometime soon after a god never before seen in an RPD does show up), or, why do some gods show up in huge blocks and others only once in a while.

Even questions about the process of RPD itself have only started being asked, which makes sense as we get more and more and more people going through it. One of Hemet's favorite answers is something along the lines of we have only been doing this for a few years, not enough time to talk about patterns or make any sort of guesses. Which I tend to interpret pretty much as anything could happen where the gods are concerned :)
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2010, 01:29:17 pm »
Yes, I don't remember this question being asked of Her before.  And I'm looking forward to learning about it too.  :)
Tasedjebbast,
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2010, 07:20:04 am »
Quote from: Taji
 I've seen some pretty obscure gods come up in RPD.  Like Satet.  I'd never even heard of Satet before I saw Her in someone's sig line.  

That'd be me.. and I'd never even heard of Satet before she showed up in my line either.. but now that I've gotten to know her, I can reflect on all the times she was around before.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:20:26 am by Iaityinepu »
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2979
  • stats Total Posts: 286805
  • stats Total Topics: 19440
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything