collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What do you wear?  (Read 167704 times)

Offline Maainakhtsen

Re: What do you wear?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 11:52:06 am »
Hotep,

I have a veritable treasure trove of amuletic jewelry that I wear constantly, generally with purpose. I guess you could say these were "symbols of my faith".

A few favorites... Some more obvious...
*a bronze Sekhmet and my Heru-wer Shen (shen by Inibmutes).

*Silver Sekhmet pendant; necklace and bracelet beaded by me.

Some less obvious...

*A necklace I made for Aset at Her request and with Her help.

* An amber sun Kind of hard to see, but the amber is set in a silver sunburst.

* a little from each column The silver cowrie shell/onyx/garnet necklace made by Nebnetjeruiti may not appear terribly "Kemetic" at first glance, but is something I find very protective and associate with my Mother (Sekhmet). The Ankh/Djed/Was below it is obvious.

Probably my number one favorite, is  this bloodstone scarab ring I set myself. Hard to see here, but the bloodstone is a nicely carved scarab (please ignore the mess in my cubicle. It's clean now!)

I could do this all day, hee. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Maainakhtsen »
Senebty,
Ma'ai

"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't." -A Fortune Cookie

Offline Awetitu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 11:52:39 am »
I wear a silver ankh on a braided hemp fibre band, and a small silver scarab on the same, as well as a choker/necklace that Djehutymenekh made me (and I've take it off maybe five times since I got it, I swear) and the heka amulet we all made in the Days Upon the Year at last Wep Ronpet.  All except the necklace Menekh made me stay under my work shirt, but they are always with me.  Once I get my Shemsu-Ankh scarab, that will be a permanent fixture as well.
Awetitu - aka Awi
Sa Sobek her Set, mery Heru-wer her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Metitaitui

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 12:49:34 pm »
I have a few things I wear. I used to have a rather large pewter ankh pendant but I've recently retired it to my Akhu shrine because I was starting to feel uncomfortable with its size. Now I have two pendants that I switch around depending on what I feel like wearing. One is a silver "Ankh Udja Seneb" symbol that Heru-wer claimed and the other is a silver lotus fanned out that Djehuty claimed. I also have my Shemsu-Ankh scarab that I only wear once in a while because it is heavy. Then there is a necklace I made for my Akhu which consists of a silver chain holding a bunch of charms for the ones I was closest to and a star bead for all the others.
sat Set her Djehuty meryt Ra, Heru-wer, her Hethert

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:24 pm »
Quote from: Maainakhtsen

* An amber sun Kind of hard to see, but the amber is set in a silver sunburst.

I actually have a similar pendant, but for me it's worn in honor of the Aesir and Vanir. You can see it here along with my shemsu-ankh necklace which I failed to mention. That one is strung with white and black bone tube beads (Dad's instruction on the "pattern" were quite specific), and amber tone glass beads for Seshat. Someday, if I can find the right size, I'd like to replace them with amber.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Maainakhtsen

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 01:48:45 pm »
Zat,

I have seen that before, and noted that we had ascribed different meaning to them each! I wish I could see it again but all your Flickr photos say you have to be logged in and I forgot my login for Flickr! :P Any other options? I feel like I'm missing out!
Senebty,
Ma'ai

"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't." -A Fortune Cookie

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 01:53:37 pm »
That's right. (did I mention mine has a lovely stealth pentacle on the back?) I can post it here in a small format. (If they're too big for people, speak up and I'll remove them.)

Necklaces on:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3321/3270142413_6c7237f2e6.jpg)

S-A necklace:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3518/3270141685_565c705c4a_m.jpg)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Maainakhtsen

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »
I love both these photos. Your sun is way bigger than mine. :D

It's always nice when a peice of jewelry has a bit of 'stealth', hee. :) I have a sterling silver charm bracelet that has a working compass hidden inside a teensy box on it! It also has a tiny tag custom engraved with words and numbers that have special meaning on it. Very powerful for me, and very very stealthy!
Senebty,
Ma'ai

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 02:43:24 pm »
I have a necklace that I was very much 'nudged' into making it. It's a sterling silver dogtag with a Wepwawet standard etched on one side and an Yinepu standard etched on the other. (Both graphics being ones I drew myself.) And yeah... "dog" tag... LOL.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30116343@N07/3497489037/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30116343@N07/3498304500/

I wear it all the time, but often under my clothing. I also don't get out much anyways, so no one's had opportunity to see it or comment on it.
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Sobeq - Ordained Clergy - Fundraising Bak
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 03:31:29 pm »
I love the dog-tag! I think that's an awesome idea, and very pretty. :)
wepwawet & sekhmet-mut
bast & nut & khonsu & nebt-het
w'ab nekhen ib imau-sen | heri-sesheta wepwawet

Offline Munefmontu

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 04:59:37 pm »
I switch between three pieces,  Ankh   Falcon Head and a silver cartouche of my birth name my mother gave me. I usually wear the falcon head. I used to wear an udjat, but as I have that forever embedded in my skin...I don't wear the necklace anymore.  

I also wear an anklet I made for my father, of lapis chips, lime serpentine squares, and copper seed beads and an anklet I made for my beloveds of alternating carnelion rounds and gold beads(Sekhmet), malachite rounds and wood beads(Khnum), and lapis rounds and gold beads (Amun-Ra).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Munefmontu »
Sat Montu
Meryt Amun-Ra her Sekhmet her Khnum

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 05:22:34 pm »
I have about three different things I were consistently. I have a gold ankh which I have had forever, and I only usually wear it when I feel dressy. I have a scarab necklace which I made to remind me of Weshem-Ib. The one I wear most often is my Djed pendant. It suits me, and usually opens the doors t much conversation.
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 05:34:52 pm »

I made myself a string of stylized beetles with silver clay that I copied from "Jewels of the Pharaohs" by Cyril Aldred. The gold necklace was from Giza.

I read that the beetle (Agrypnus Notodonta Latr.) was sacred to the Goddess Nit and I wear the necklace as both jewelry and a symbol of protection surrounding me.

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 05:55:13 pm »
I have three I'm wearing currently.  One is an ankh that has been blessed by Hemet and is silver tone on a silk cord (the edges are starting to show the copper underneath), my second one is the knot heka necklace we did at retreat (this'll be going back up to Tawy at the beginning of the Kemetic year so they can properly dispose of it), and the third one is the silver cartouche of my shemsu name done on sloppy heiroglyphics, but it looks good and is from Egypt.  The chain it's on is a repaired one from a necklace I had ages ago, but that ankh fell off at work.

These sit right above my heart(ankh), just above the ankh(heka knot), and at my throat chakra position(shemsu name).  I also have Ma'at's lapis Lazuli cabochon necklace, and a necklace that's an ankh with a citrine on it that I offered to Netjer.  They're sitting with the respective places around the room.
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 06:06:56 pm »
I am wearing a Djehuty pendant, (in man-form form the shoulders up with his ibis head), a bracelet that i made for various Names in my life, campfire style, and a tattoo for Dad. :) And a ring that was my grandma's (she's part of my Akhu now) but when she died she passed it on to me.
Daughter of Taweret and Djehuty
Beloved of Amun

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 06:08:35 pm »
I am wearing a Djehuty pendant, (in man-form form the shoulders up with his ibis head), a bracelet that i made for various Names in my life, campfire style, and a tattoo for Dad. :) And a ring that was my grandma's (she's part of my Akhu now) but when she died she passed it on to me.

I have been asked if my Djehuty pendant is a 1) anteater and 2) a skull.

It looks like an Egyptian god,but hey.
Daughter of Taweret and Djehuty
Beloved of Amun

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

* Most Recent Topics

topic Prayers for baby
[[PUBLIC] Prayer Requests]
Capra
Today at 10:37:55 am
topic Greetings
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Arienihethert