collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 63
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What do you wear?  (Read 171860 times)

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: What do you wear?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 06:03:13 am »
Most days I wear my Shemsu-Ankh scarab and a silver chain with two pendants: an ankh-djed-was and a Bast cat. But I'll occasionally wear something else--at the moment, usually my azurite necklace if I need "cooling" or my "stalking beauty" necklace if I particularly want to celebrate joy-in-life. (Actually, both of those are Bast's, but She lets me take them out of the shrine and wear them. ^_^)

Senebty,

Shefyt

Shefytbast | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Setjataset

• Shemsu
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 08:06:27 pm »
Hotep

When I am at work I wear semiprecious stone necklaces I have made and dedicated to my Names because they look like everyday jewellery and I dont want to draw attention to myself and invite religious inquiry.

On my down time I wear a myriad of Egyptian and Greek jewellery but they arent prodominately displayed as I got over pagans and new agers touching my pendants (especially my A'set or Hekate pendants) without permission.

I also wear my Gods of the Year bracelets everyday as each of them looks like everyday jewellery even though they have special significance for me.
Setjataset
sat Aset-Serqet
meryt Bast her Hethert-Sekhmet
her Seshat-Nit-Nebthet
[color:#00FF00]Sau Apprentice[/color]

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 02:39:30 pm »
Quote from: Setjataset
On my down time I wear a myriad of Egyptian and Greek jewellery but they arent prodominately displayed as I got over pagans and new agers touching my pendants (especially my A'set or Hekate pendants) without permission.

< offtopic >
I hate that... I had someone, not particularly pagan or anything, just walk up to me, grab my necklace, and say "OOH that's pretty!" I was taken aback - that's a little bit of a personal space violation in addition to being weird.
< / offtopic >
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Khentesh

• Shemsu
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 03:48:47 pm »
I have a medium large and rather broad silver Ankh necklace pendant with hieroglyphs on it's front. It's fastened to a black double cord.

I also have a simple black Ankh tattooed on my right wrist.
(I got that one when I decided to join this faith and became a member of the forums in November last year.)

Other than that, I have nothing, but I plan to tattoo my future Shemsu name somewhere neat and respectable, probably the nape of the neck.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:49:27 pm by Elin »
Senebty

// Khentesh-ib-em-Sekhmet
(Sekhmet is Delighted)

Sat Sekhmet-Hethert
Meryt Bast-Mut her Wesir

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 05:04:30 pm »
i think i was partially inspired by this thread to obtain a new amulet a few days ago!  unfortunately i don't have a picture yet, but this one is of Sekhmet and is silver, about two inches tall, and has a base and can actually also stand, so She's even like a miniature statue, suitable for wearing or as part of a pocket shrine!  :)
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline Munefmontu

• Shemsu
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 08:01:50 pm »
Quote from: Sobeqsenu
Quote from: Setjataset

< offtopic >
I hate that... I had someone, not particularly pagan or anything, just walk up to me, grab my necklace, and say "OOH that's pretty!" I was taken aback - that's a little bit of a personal space violation in addition to being weird.
< / offtopic >  

It irriates me to no end when people do that.
What I find worse though in the pagan community is the "automatic hug". I don't know these people...and even if I did I may never hug them. I have only hugged my best friend of 6 years once....when she was getting a divorce. I'm not a touchy feely person...and it drives me crazy to have people all up in my personal bubble.
Sat Montu
Meryt Amun-Ra her Sekhmet her Khnum

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 09:11:47 pm »
Quote from: kathleen
i think i was partially inspired by this thread to obtain a new amulet a few days ago!  unfortunately i don't have a picture yet, but this one is of Sekhmet and is silver, about two inches tall, and has a base and can actually also stand, so She's even like a miniature statue, suitable for wearing or as part of a pocket shrine!  :)

Sounds pretty!

Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 08:00:31 am »
Quote from: kathleen
Speaking of pocket shrines... I picked up a necklace last month that is a glass vial filled with watch gears and Swarovski crystals on a black velvet ribbon (steampunk eye candy yum... :) ). This particular piece isn't Kemetic, but when I was reading your post Kathleen as quoted by Pharess just now, I thought you were saying your necklace was a pocket shrine. My vial necklace was the first thing I thought of--one could do a similar thing with small charms representative of one's Parents & Beloveds perhaps, or the Gods of the Year. I am now fascinated by this idea... :D
Tumblr | Twitter

Seeing the Sun when I can't really see
Hoping the Sun will at least look at me

--Moby

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 08:16:31 am »
Quote from: TheDisreputableDog
I am now fascinated by this idea... :D

I think this is an awesome idea, too. ^_^  And also speaking of pocket (or jewelry) shrines, I love this--scroll up a page to see the naos they describe. I wants one! Though I don't usually wear pendants that big.... :grin:

Senebty,

Shefyt

Shefytbast | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Awetitu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 10:06:49 am »
Sorry, Pharess...every time I see this thread I want to reply: CLOTHES! lol
Awetitu - aka Awi
Sa Sobek her Set, mery Heru-wer her Sekhmet-Hethert

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 11:19:39 am »
I have a silver Eye of Ra pendant that I wear occasionally.

I'm not really big on wearing religious jewellery, though.
Minwywesir - 'Mini'
Sat [color:darkgreen]Wesir,[/color]
meryt [color:#2554C7]Amun-Ra[/color], [color:lightskyblue]Shu[/color] her [color:red]Heru-wer[/color].
Dear friend to [color:purple]Bast-Mut[/color] and [color:#666666]Wepwawet[/color].

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 12:00:58 pm »
That's really cool Shefyt, now I want one for Dad. :)
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 12:28:38 pm »
I put a picture i printed out from the net into one of those Altoid tins, the ones with the tiny paper thin Altiod things you out on your tongue-world's smallest pocket shrine! :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:31:24 am by Riley »
Daughter of Taweret and Djehuty
Beloved of Amun

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

Offline Wasiaset

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2009, 06:41:44 pm »
I wear tons of stuff :)
But generally I wear one of two chains one is a ankh with a scarab in the middle of it and the other is an ankh with udjat eyes on both sides of it  :)

I also wear everyday without fail, my Wesir ring.

Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Sokar-Wesir
Fedw Diviner

-Valar Dohaeris

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 12:29:11 pm »
Quote from: Shefytbast
Quote from: TheDisreputableDog
I am now fascinated by this idea... :D

I think this is an awesome idea, too. ^_^  And also speaking of pocket (or jewelry) shrines, I love this--scroll up a page to see the naos they describe. I wants one! Though I don't usually wear pendants that big.... :grin:

Senebty,

Shefyt

I would totally wear that!  We need more reproduction artists that will cater to our whims. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:30:09 pm by Pharess »
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 289138
  • stats Total Topics: 19619
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything