Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 73
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What do you wear?  (Read 178680 times)

Re: What do you wear?
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2010, 02:17:07 pm »
I have a couple ankhs, but my primary symbol that I wear is a Set pendant.  I need to find something to put it on, though.
Son of Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer, and Aset-Serqet.

Offline Khumekitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2010, 02:37:11 pm »
I wear a sterling silver ankh and a pewter Eye of Heru. I only ever take them off to shower (and they're the first thing back on after). I sleep with them on and if work forbids jewellery (my last job did) I simply tuck them under my shirt. Usually though they are left in the outside of my shirt since I tend to play with them a lot.

My first piece of Kemetic jewellery (that I remember) was an ankh I "made". It had been part of this weird necklace a friend gave me since I liked the ankh on it. It was a peace symbol in the shape of a heart with the ankh connected to the bottom. One day I felt the need to have the ankh on me (I was going to a funeral for a family friend) so I broke the ankh off, grabbed a metal file and filed the top smooth. I then attached it to the same cord that the original pendant had been on. I kept that  one until most of the silver tone had worn off and it was discoloring pretty badly. I still have it somewhere.
Khumekitu

"Guarded and Protected by Two Fathers"

Sa Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set, mery Bast her Heru-wer

Offline NeferuHethert

• Rev. Barbara, Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2010, 02:16:37 am »
I usually alternate between a pendant of Hethert (my Mother) and a pendant of Djehuty (one of my Beloveds). I also have an ankh and a djed pillar that I wear occasionally.
Rev. NeferuHethert
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet, meryt Ra her Djehuty her Yinepu/Wepwawet
Heryt seshta and Mut-netjer Hethert 
𓉡

« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2010, 11:27:25 am »
I bought a ring with a sun on it yesterday as a reminder and in honor of this year of Zep Tepi. I haven't worn a ring in months because of the two I wore regularly one I lost two years ago and the other is hopefully somewhere in my house but... And nothing quite felt right until I picked this one up in a pagan shop where I had just heard one of my new favorite musicians play a very small show. I have a hard time moving past mistakes and delays and get very caught up in my perceived failings/failures; and I think wearing this ring will help me remember the gift of Zep Tepi and refocus myself.

There was also a very nice ankh ring of a similar size that was quite tempting, but as I could only let myself get one ring and I already have four different ankh necklaces I decided I would wait on that one.

A little hard to see in this webcam photo but it's sterling silver and has curly rays and a smiling face.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TheDisreputableDog »
Tumblr | Twitter

Seeing the Sun when I can't really see
Hoping the Sun will at least look at me

--Moby

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2010, 07:58:45 am »
Very nice! Similar to my green amber sun necklace!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2010, 12:08:54 pm »
Okay, so I FINALLY got a picture of my amber sun necklace that I wear to represent my faith.   Here it is!

For those that don't know the back story behind this, I was walking around my local mall during the beginners class and was suddenly stopped mid step and saw this necklace. I distinctly heard a collective voice say, "This is our gift to you. You may bask in the moonlight but you are a child of the sun." Turns out, this was correct! The only lunar influences in my lineup are from my Beloveds but I experience them more as the sun. My Parents are both the sun. ^_^ Anyways, I had to buy it... even though it was a 'gift'. lol It's been a pleasure wearing it since that day.
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2010, 12:16:39 pm »
very beautiful!!
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2010, 12:24:46 pm »
Thank you!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2010, 07:10:36 pm »
Yeah sun club! Is that green amber?
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2010, 08:59:46 pm »
Yes it is, with sterling silver! ^_^
Satsenu, Daughter of Two

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »
I wear a Yinepu medal, a Ganesha medal, sometimes a Pentacle, sometimes a Yin Yang, and am getting an ankh I like real soon.

Offline jackalspawn

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2018, 10:59:18 am »
ankhs, eye of horus, and other things relating to specific gods
jackal

Offline Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2018, 11:10:36 am »
I wear my Shemsu Ankh scarab, plus my tattoos.  I recently got a lovely Bast pendant that I’ve been wearing too.  I’d like another Ankh pendant, but with the tattoo of one right there, it’s not a pressing need.

sat Bast her Hekatawy-Alexandros, meryt Serqet-Aset, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her HetHert-Sekhmet.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2018, 01:13:50 pm »
I currently have a Wadjet eye tattoo on my right shoulder (right facing eye for the sun) in honor of my Papa Heru-sa-Aset as well as a wadjet bracelet I got for Christmas last year.  I used to have a necklace to but unfortunately the metal was cheap and it broke.  That's pretty much all I wear though, I would wear a ring, but it's been hard to find a good one that I actually like. 
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2018, 01:43:06 pm »
Mostly I wear a necklace of Djehuty, sometime Bast. And sometimes of Khepri and Ra (they are on the same chain). I also have an ankh, a necklace of Aset.
I mostly wear them on need, since they're connected to the magical personification of the particular Netjer.

Awesome thread! Guys, do you think the necklaces should be worn outside or under the shirt? My relatives say it's a personal thing so they should be worn under.
Senebty,
Gleb

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3133
  • stats Total Posts: 294190
  • stats Total Topics: 20051
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything