Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What do you wear?  (Read 160713 times)

Online Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: What do you wear?
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2018, 07:23:16 pm »
Em hotep!

I have one favorite pendant I always wear, featuring Set and Horus, that I had laser cut years ago.  Then I will add one or two more, depending on what I'm needing.  I have a favorite Hethert pendant that gets a lot of wear, along with one of Ptah, both of which I got at Dragonscale.  There's a Ma'at pendant Bezenwepwy made that gets worn, as well as a little "NebSauAnkh" (All life and protection) amulet I had made up.

http://joanannlansberry.com/journal/arch2018/20180506a.jpg

http://joanannlansberry.com/journal/arch2018/20180505a.jpg

As you can see, they're on the outside of the blouse! :)
I'd say whatever makes you feel most comfortable, Gleb, as to under or over.

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2018, 07:25:57 pm »
Mostly I wear a necklace of Djehuty, sometime Bast. And sometimes of Khepri and Ra (they are on the same chain). I also have an ankh, a necklace of Aset.
I mostly wear them on need, since they're connected to the magical personification of the particular Netjer.

Awesome thread! Guys, do you think the necklaces should be worn outside or under the shirt? My relatives say it's a personal thing so they should be worn under.

Em hotep Gleb, personally I think if you're proud of your beliefs/faith then I would wear the necklaces or whatever you have on the outside.  Unless you're in a situation where you can't be as open then yes it would make sense to wear them underneath your shirt. 
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Hawke

• Remetj
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2018, 09:19:10 pm »
I have a beautiful necklace with an ankh framed by water lilies. I also have a tiger's eye bracelet that I gave to Sekhmet and wear whenever I need Her strength.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
- Sarah Williams,”The Old Astronomer"

Pronouns are they/them or vae/vaem/vaer.
Thank you.

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2018, 11:58:17 pm »
Hello all,

I have a Yinepu pendent that was brought back for me from Egypt.  I beaded that necklace myself so I wear it often.  I also have my shabu (necklace specifically designed for Yinepu - these kind of necklaces were made about 15 years ago so some of them floating around out there are very old [like mine]). The shabu attracts just about everyone that sees it and it seems like every time I wear it someone has to come up and touch it (argh) as it has skull beads on the actual necklace.  I don't wear that one in public so much anymore as I have to 'clean' it after someone else touches it (unless they are another wabu that has been purified prior or the Nisut, it has to be cleared after it's touched by someone not in a pure state).   

I also have another small silver pendent (Amun) that is beaded with antique Swartz crystals.  I have a simple silver ankh and earrings.  I have a set of  winged Aset and winged scarab earrings as well.   In regard to rings, I have a special silver scarab I wear that represents my priesthood (and the vows I took).  Before I die, I'd like to have a ring made with my priest ordination name on it.  :)       

I'd like to get some more Kemetic themed colored stone jewelry in the future. Thanks everyone for sharing.

Senebty.

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2018, 03:48:49 am »
Mostly I wear a necklace of Djehuty, sometime Bast. And sometimes of Khepri and Ra (they are on the same chain). I also have an ankh, a necklace of Aset.
I mostly wear them on need, since they're connected to the magical personification of the particular Netjer.

Awesome thread! Guys, do you think the necklaces should be worn outside or under the shirt? My relatives say it's a personal thing so they should be worn under.

Em hotep Gleb, personally I think if you're proud of your beliefs/faith then I would wear the necklaces or whatever you have on the outside.  Unless you're in a situation where you can't be as open then yes it would make sense to wear them underneath your shirt. 

Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Djehutyendy

• Shemsu
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:35 am »
I have an ankh pendant I got years ago that I wear about 50% of the time. When I'm not wearing that, I'm wearing a Djehuty pendant that Setjat gave me. It's like a dog-tag with Djehuty engraved. I love it. I like this better than my ankh because it's like a comfort pendant. I also have scarab earrings that I wear every once and a while. They are really heavy, so that is why I don't wear them often.
Not a whole lot has changed since I wrote this post! The two necklaces that I primarily wear are still my ankh and Djehuty pendants (and I am currently wearing the ankh!). However, I do have a few more additions. I have Djehuty and Geb Shen necklaces that Inibmutes made. I also have a Hethert headdress pendant and a rose quartz necklace devoted to Hethert. Lastly, I have a Geb necklace made by Tahai that I occasionally wear, but that mostly lives in my shrine.

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Blog

Online Djedetmiwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2018, 01:57:26 pm »
Em hotep everyone!

I used to wear just a simple silver chain with a silver Wesir pendant on it, but I lost it during a transatlantic move.  When it came to replacing it I found it is no longer available.

Now I wear a rosary-chain style chain of Garnets (for Nit) with a side view silver pendant of Wesir. This has worked out to be my favorite necklace. I have another I made out of lapis-chain and a pewter Wesir pendant (for Nut and Wesir). And I have a Faience Djed on a turquoise chain.  But I wear the Garnet chain the most because I love it so much. One day I hope to incorporate Nut into it as well.

I also have a ring which is an arrow wrapped around the finger for Nit.

Senebty!
Djedetmiwesir (Djedet) "Enduring/Stable Like Wesir"
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nit, Meryt her Nut
----
https://duawesir.wordpress.com/ (formerly Wesir org)

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2018, 07:16:32 pm »
Hotep all!  *henu*

I never answered this question so here goes!  ^_^

I wear a squared cartouche necklace showing Serqet on the throne with Ma'at kneeling behind Her (the scene from Nefertari's tomb) that I purchased in Egypt.
I will also usually wear my Shemsu-Ankh scarab, and a Nebt-het necklace as well.

Senebty,
Sehedjef
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Jack.

• Remetj
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2018, 07:29:10 pm »
I don't wear any general symbols as I haven't gotten any yet. I wear the Heru-wer beads that Wenunisenu made and gave away and that I felt a strong pull to/urge to get. They're discreet enough and also comforting to wear (you know how they say the gods lived/live in statues? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Heru-wer is in the pendant for that reason).
"And if I need a rhythm, it'll be to my heart I listen if it don't put me too far wrong"- Rósín Murphy

Offline AllTheWorldsWithin

• Remetj
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »
I wear a small feather pendant and a small ankh, both on the same chain. The feather isn't in the style of the feather of Ma'at, artistically, but that's what I use it to represent. I wear them outside my clothing, both because that's just how I wear jewelry and because wearing them under makes my dysphoria worse.

Offline Ematsen

• Shemsu
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2018, 04:26:29 pm »
Em hotep!

I wear a lot of jewelry but I also have sensory issues sometimes, so what i wear changes often! I try to always wear either my silver ankh on a silver chain or my 3 bracelet that I have dedicated to Netjer: garnet, lapis, and one I made of glass pearls and semi-precious stones with a sun charm. I have lots of lapis pieces that I love to wear in honor of Netjer, too.
I also wear a headwrap when I leave the house in honor of my Mother Sekhmet-Mut. This is in no way a requirement for anybody, but it helps me personally to remember my devotion even if I can't or don't have the energy to be in shrine. It also shields my head from other folks energy and makes me feel regal and dignified! I've been covering regularly for about a year now and it's become quite important to me. <3
Senuwiematsen - My Two, In Their Moment.

Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Set.
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu, Aset-Serqet, Heru-Wer, her Nut.

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2018, 04:42:34 pm »
Em hotep nefer, all! :)

Like Ematsen, I wear a lot of jewelry (the vast majority being silver, though I have a number of bronze and gold pieces), and what I wear depends on the day and how I'm feeling.

In the last couple months, my Babi, Yinepu, Wesir, Sobek, Taweret, and Aššur (one of these is not like the other! :P) amulets have been rotated-in to my everyday wear the most often.

Some items I wear are fairly fixed to a certain time of year. For example, my Tatenen and Nehebkau amulets -- which Bezenwepwy made for me some years ago -- come out during late November through early December, around the times of the Wesir Mysteries, Khebs-Ta Festival, and finally the Nehebkau Festival. :)

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2631
  • stats Total Posts: 271771
  • stats Total Topics: 18214
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 101