collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: How does Bast appear to you?  (Read 33435 times)

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
Re: How does Bast appear to you?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 04:45:06 pm »
Quote from: Khesretitui
Bast isn't in my lineup, but I get the sense that She hangs out with my two Fathers.

Quote from: Shefytbast
(Khesret, I've had the sense that She likes to hang out with Set too! How funny.)

I get a lot of Mom when Set visits with His thunderstorms... but that might be because I love thunderstorms and they make me happy (until they decide to start throwing tornadoes around). ;)
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 06:23:22 pm »
Now I want to go ask my Parents Who Their homies are.......  :cool:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 06:23:35 pm by Tawaisenu »
Daughter of Taweret and Djehuty
Beloved of Amun

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:14 pm »
Em hotep,

I've been cleaning up the files on my computer (I don't know why I keep some stuff! ugh!) and I came across this image of an African wildcat (Felis silvestris libyca). This is the kind of Cat Bast is. Anyone who approaches a cat like that the wrong way is going to get their arm ripped off. If you've seen a feral cat, it's very similar. These cats are not tame, and should not be approached by people who don't know what they're doing.

The same goes for cows and Hethert. We think of cows as placid, dumb animals, but wild cattle are anything but.

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 08:53:48 pm »
Hmmmm I have to agree about cows. My cousins went cow tipping once (a practice I abbhor) and when trying to tip one cow, it knocked  him flat on his arse and sat on him. I couldn't help but grin with satisfaction at his two cracked ribs and the fact he was stuck under the cow for over an hour in winter.

Blessed be,
Corvina
[color:blue]Child of Aset[/color]

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 11:41:26 pm »
I actually first experienced Bast as a mothering sort of feeling; very gentle and accepting (this was when I was first venturing out from my Catholic upbringing so I think this is why she was in more mothering form). More recently though I get a very intelligent, almost calculating feeling from her; sorta like when a cat spots prey and it figuring out how much jump/speed/time it'll take to make the kill.

As for appearance, I've never gotten her as a lioness, though she really comes through as a VERY angry feral cat, especially if I hear about a cat being abused. Once I went berserk on a guy who said he'd kill a cat without a second thought; I scared the crap out of him and after I had no idea where all that outrage had come from. I'm thinking Bast may have had something to do with that.
"If you ain't laughing, you ain't living."
-Carlos Mencia

Offline weshebutAmunRa

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 01:27:09 pm »
I tend to get Her as a juvenile lioness who still plays with Her prey to sharpen Her skills, or as an unidentified big cat Who stalks the mountains here (the mountains here are also where I feel Her strongest).
sa/t Amun-Ra
mery/t Mut, Yinepu, Khonsu, Serqet, and Bast

"Let me be your reason; let me be your spark. Let me be the torch that sets fire to your heart." Nachtmahr, "The Torch"

Offline Enbibibast

• Shemsu
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 01:52:23 pm »
Eee yes! African wildcats are beautiful and the way I see Bast is a combination between that, and a large, silhouetted black cat with a fiery aura around Her (much like my icon!)
Enbibibast | Bibi
Daughter of Bast
Beloved of | Wepwawet-Yinepu | Djehuty | Sekhmet-Hethert | Heru-wer |
LiveJournal
Tumblr

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 02:12:38 pm »
Quote from: Tawaisenu
Now I want to go ask my Parents Who Their homies are.......  :cool:  
lol!
somehow after reading this  i just got an image of Mom and Set together kinda tipsy with their arms around each others shoulders singing "Homies"  >>'

but seriously.
i have always gotten mom as a black panther or a mountain lion. very rarely getting a house cat feel. sometimes i get a regal female with cat ears kinda thing..other than that she's..like a very quiet ever watchful eye that you know shes always there. just lurking. she doesnt come off as too playful or sensual to me but more motherly.
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 02:42:05 pm »
For me, my Mother has different appearances depending on where I'm interacting with Her.

If we're talking physical plane zomg there She is walking around type of appearance, I always get Her as a domestic cat, walking slowly from left to right- usually walking out from behind something then disappearing behind something else. I think She does this intentionally- She knows that in every day life if I were to randomly see a giant lioness walking around it would probably severely mess with my sense of reality. This way, I know She's there, but no one else has to- and it doesn't make my brain hurt quite so much. *smirk*

If I'm feeling a presence that I don't necessarily *SEE* with my eyes, I usually get Her as a cougar or a black panther, less often a lynx, hanging out just at the edge of the shadows- always just out of sight.

If I'm meditating, praying, or doing Senut, I always see Mom as an anthropomorphic lioness (sometimes black, other times tan/golden) enthroned.

So really... I get Mom every which way. :) I think the only form I've seen Her in the LEAST often out of anything else is as an anthropomorphic house cat.

Senebty!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tepta »
Senebty!

Tepta

Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning" or "Bast-Mut survives"

Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet, Serqet, Mafdet her Sobek
Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 05:42:06 pm »
The first time I experienced Bast, I got warmth and love - plus mega buckets of healing.

Then when i tried offerings,, prayers she let me know i was doing the right thing by shaking a sistrum, and hearing kittens meow,
I once felt her on the end of my bed, and shed purred loud and deeply.
I experience her as a big domesticated cat = for now, and she seems to like me to think of her as a caracal or serval,
but Im certain  her lion aspect will come when I am ready for it.

I have never seen or felt impressions of her, shes hidden as such, but I know shes there.

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 11:44:46 am »
Em hotep!

Ah, Mama Bast. She is an intriguing individual when it comes to how She shows Herself to us. Constantly changing, but always beautiful, I personally have experienced Her in a few different ways.

Before I ever joined the House of Netjer, I saw Bast as either a stunning Abyssinian cat or as a perfect blend of a well figured woman with Abyssinian features (mainly in Her face). I never saw Her as a black cat, which is what I thought was the 'norm' so I felt particularly blessed that She chose that way to show Herself to me.

She has come to me as a voice (mainly before the House), a scent, or as the sound of a purr. In one dream I have seen Her as fully human, but I couldn't focus on Her face... I could see it, but couldn't if that makes sense. Usually She is adorned in olive greens and plum purples (the later as of recent). In another dream I  saw Her as a delicate and stunning lioness. She was soft in appearance, but had this feel about Her that was almost like hidden power.

Bast, I find, usually takes whatever form She is feeling like at the moment. Occasionally I'll get a feeling like She's touching me or sitting near me, but those times are often rare and far between. She's definately a chameleon of sorts!

I could go on and on about Her, so I'll just end my post here. ^_^

Senebty and much love,
Satsenu
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Satsenu »
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 01:01:50 am »
I experience Her the same way as feral mother cats I have known.  Fiercely protective.  Scary if you get on the wrong side of her.  Yet capable of loving and tenderness towards Her children.  Not afraid to pin you down and whap you with Her claws out if She thinks you're not getting the message about something any other way.  Or to pin you down and wash you for that matter.  I get that intelligent, focused, and calculating look too, particularly when sizing up Her prey.  In a nightmare, once, She seized a monster that had been trying to attack me, and applied the killing bite before gripping it by the neck and carrying it off.  (Come to think of it She is the only netjer who has appeared to me in my dreams at all, and multiple times at that.)  

She seems to have always been there throughout my life, and Her responses to me have varied depending on what I was doing.  The most consistently, She has been protective.  She has been everything from joyous or loving to enraged.  It all depends on the situation.  I have felt everything from Her purr to Her paw whapping me upside the head when I needed it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:03:20 am by heritbast »
For my own part, I know my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always. -the Meditations (feline wizards)

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 08:47:28 am »
I just remembered, I was cloud watching on a sunny day this year, and saw Bast in the clouds, holding up a kitty proudly, then a little bird appeared ( Ma'at ) and then Het Hert appeared - I even took a photo of all the clouds - but my mobile died :( Im seeing if i can take the chip some where to print out the photos .
( my sister was pregnat - so i think it was them cheering about it )

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 11:11:56 am »
I don't "see" things, alas.  For someone who is good at descriptive writing, my lack of ability to think visually is an oddity.  However, Bast has always been in the eyes of my feline companions, my fierce loyalty to the things I care about, the special sort of communion I've always felt with cats, mine or others.

She's behind the song the just perfectly fits the mood when it comes on seemingly at random.  She's in the genuine delight I feel when doing something for others.  She's part of my love of Christmas - the gathering of family, the giving of gifts, playing games and celebrating with the rest of the world the boundless joy and love and belonging my name implies.  

It seems all my parents (divine and mortal) named me for how they felt about me being a part of their lives. *grin*

Offline Menekh

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2010, 12:52:36 pm »
Em Hotep!

I, personally, experience Bast as someone who teaches a lot of things about living a life, and balancing things, and helping to keep a healthy perspective.

Hard One to pin down, but then maybe that's the whole point and says much in and of itself. :)

Menekh
"One does not beg the sun for mercy."
- Frank Herbert

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3180
  • stats Total Posts: 295996
  • stats Total Topics: 20234
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955