collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?  (Read 139569 times)

Offline Nehwen

• Divined Remetj
Re: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 02:43:25 pm »
Bast, actually.  Obviously I also feel a connection to Wesir and Serqet.  Lately there seems like something might be forming on another front, although I can't put a name to the feeling.  I want to say Ma'ahes, but that might just be because my Shen (a necklace with a Netjeri/spirit attached to it, to oversimplify things) is a Ma'ahes Shen.
Sat Wesir | Meryt Bast her Serqet-Aset

Now not only day shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away!. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 05:22:31 pm »
I feel closest to my Mother Aset, Nebet Het, Wepwawet and Sekhmet.  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:23:12 pm by TahekerutAset »
senebty,

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

My Books: My Lulu Store

Offline Tahotep

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 06:26:42 pm »
I feel closest to my Mothers Hethert-Sekhmet and Bast.  I'm slowly learning to grow closer to Amunet (She loves to be with me as I create my jewelry or cross-stitchings, the more detailed and labor-intensive, the better!)
Tahotepirty
"Peace of (the) Two Eyes" or "Peaceful Two Eyes"
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Bast, meryt Aset-Serquet her Amunet

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 07:08:55 pm »
I feel closest to my Father, Set, but since my RPD I have been growing closer to my other Father, Amun-Ra.  
Sa Set her Amun-Ra
Mery Her-wer her Wepwawet-Yinepu

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 07:42:04 pm »
Shockingly, I'm sure, I'll have to say I am most connected with my Father, Sokar.

Min & I have become much more closely connected in the last couple of years, and I have walked with Nefertem for years & years.  I am still trying to develop a closer relationship with Wepwawet, but He is a serious puzzle to me, and we remain fairly distant.

Outside of my RPD line-up, I've a quite close relationship with Heqet and am working on building a connection with Nekhbet & Heka.

I'm also indebted to Wesir.

--[color:#6600CC]Khusisokar[/color] ('Sokar Stirs')
Son of [color:#6600CC] Sokar-Wesir [/color] and [color:red]Hekatawy I[/color] (AUS!)
Beloved of[color:#3333FF] Nefertem,[/color][color:#009900] Min,[/color] and[color:#663300] Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color]

*Fedw diviner for [color:#6600CC] Sokar[/color]*

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:12 pm »
I would have to say the name I feel closest to right now is Bast-Mut. I have had previous strong connections with Bast and Yinepu. Other Names that I've been curious about/interested in lately include Yinepu-Wepwawet, Serqet, Hethert-Sekhmet, Heru-Wer, and Nebthet.
Senebty!

Tepta

Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning" or "Bast-Mut survives"

Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet, Serqet, Mafdet her Sobek
Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Seshagemseger

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:51 pm »
Seshat. :)
Child of Seshat
Beloved of Hethert, Serqet, and Shu
seshat.org / Facebook / LiveJournal

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »
i feel most connected to Bast though for the past few months i have had a growing interest in  Djehuty.
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 08:27:54 pm »
Quote from: ShadowLily
I would have to say the name I feel closest to right now is Bast-Mut.  

Excellent choice.  ;)  How did you come to realize that She was Bast-Mut and not Bast?  (I actually did the same during my beginners course and am always curious to hear how it happens for others)  :)

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 08:38:31 pm »
Quote from: Taji

Excellent choice.  ;)  How did you come to realize that She was Bast-Mut and not Bast?  (I actually did the same during my beginners course and am always curious to hear how it happens for others)  :)

You beat me to it, sis. ;)
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 08:57:28 pm »
Quote from: Taji

Hotep Taji! It was a number of things, actually. I first started having impressions of "Bast" over a year ago, and I couldn't really put my foot on it.  I wasn't as familiar with the idea of syncretization as I am today- the image I got was of a domestic feline of sorts, so naturally I assumed Bast.

I never got her as being very RAWRRR in your face, it was more like, "I have claws. I CAN use them - but only when necessary. I like to keep things classy." ;P She used to help me out a lot when I would go to the gym, giving me a swift kick-in-the-rear during kickboxing class when I thought I didn't have any energy left. That's the only time she ever got really firm with me- when she was trying to motivate me to achieve something, to see me succeed.

Another thing early on that I didn't realize was that whenever I would meditate and see her in my mind, she was almost always enthroned. I just kind of overlooked it- it never occurred to me that the throne had any real significance, even though it basically screamed 'royalty', i.e - Queen ;P She always presented herself as classy, regal, yet down to Earth at the same time. A warm, loving mother - but also not afraid to show off her claws a bit if you need a wake up call. ;P

It was really only recently that I realized these connections. I started looking into syncretization more, and Bast-Mut just fit better with what I was experiencing. Another possibly unrelated thing- I was looking at Merimask's Etsy shop the other day- they have done some amazing black, blue, and gold masks of Bast and Yinepu in the past, so I keep an eye on them. I had seen their Bast masks before and thought they were stunning, but   this mask hit me like a ton of bricks. It's a Bast mask, but ENTIRELY painted gold. I don't even LIKE gold that much, usually I prefer silver- but this one started screaming at me. If I had the funds, I would have snatched it up in a second just to get my brain to shut up. :P Gold seems to say "royalty" a lot more clearly to me than the regular black masks they normally do... who knows. Again, these are just the little things I noticed. :)

...Did I mention I'm a Chai tea fanatic? :D

Senebty!
Senebty!

Tepta

Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning" or "Bast-Mut survives"

Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS)
Meryt Sekhmet, Serqet, Mafdet her Sobek
Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 09:07:51 pm »
That all makes sense.  And chai tea = divine nectar.  ;)

I doubt I could have put my experience into words as well as you did.  But basically I noticed I wan't getting Her as a domestic cat anymore.  She was coming to me as a big cat, a mountain lion actually.  And She had an older, more reserved, more regal feel.  And then I once saw Her in my mind's eye wearing the double crown.  :)  

It's cool to have another Pennsylvanian around by the way.  I grew up outside of Philly, but I'm on the other end of the state these days.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taji »

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 09:22:22 pm »
Here I go.

Well Wesir definately. Other names would include Nut, Sokar, Yinepu, Bes, Sekhmet, Ra, Heru, Serqet, and Djehuty.
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 10:17:17 pm »
Djehuty is with me whenever I drive, strangely enough. Always sitting in the passenger seat, smiling. Other than that not really anyOne else, my Mother has been a bit elusive. And Amun's just happy to get His offerings in Senut.

Outside of RPD: A bit of Heru-wer, a wee bit of Bes, maybe because of my shen.
Daughter of Taweret and Djehuty
Beloved of Amun

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

Offline Sekhmetyanu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 11:07:14 pm »
After my Mother, I feel most connected to Bast. She's always been there for me. Other then that, recently I've had Set and Yinepu drop by.
  My LJ 
Sekhmet Greets (Me)
Sat Sekhmet-Mut.
 Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, Djehuty

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2840
  • stats Total Posts: 279922
  • stats Total Topics: 18832
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything