Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?  (Read 139490 times)

Offline SpaghettiYeti

• Remetj
Re: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2018, 12:32:29 am »
I've been a little hesitant to respond to this thread because I have not had my RPD done, but there is one Name who I just can't help myself from calling "Mama". I'll probably stop calling her that if she does not appear as my parent, but I'd be floored if she didn't show up at all when that time comes.

It started with a vague feeling of someone around, and I followed the trail of breadcrumbs and found Het-Hert. There are many names that I work with, such as Sekhmet, Kephra, Aset, and so forth, but no matter what work I do, I feel like Het-Hert is always an underlying support. She's always around the corner with some new surprise, it seems. Even when I work outside of Netjer, as with Loki, there are times where I feel her eyes on me.

I do believe there was a moment in my childhood that contributes to this. I suddenly felt like I had a very important question to answer, and that I must choose one path among three things: love, knowledge, and power. As a child, I immediately disregarded power because of how it corrupts. I pondered on knowledge, but decided that if it meant being alone to pursue it, it wouldn't be all that great. So I chose love, even though it could absolutely destroy me. It was like something in the universe clicked and solidified, and then everything went back to normal. Looking back on this now, considering I was so young and the memory of that moment is so vivid, I do believe that something about that question was from an outside, probably divine source, and that it dictated parts of the events that occurred in my life after that.

Offline Ushedimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2018, 04:11:31 pm »
It's been just over two years since I last posted in this thread, so I guess update time!

Things have changed, but also stayed the same.

I am incredibly close to Set. He is my Beloved, the first Netjeru that really put Himself in my life. He has taught me how to be myself again after so much hurt in my life. He is not a Set of inflicting chaos or destruction, or breaking things down, but of learning to build up again, to rise out of the chaos, and overcome obstacles. I have relearned to drive, learned to survive some horrible things, learned how tough I can be, and if I ever forget my own strength, I always have Him to lean back on and remember. At the same time, I also have been learning my limits, and that it is good to have them. Push them if I need to, yes, but also to have the strength and courage to say no and no more! To set my boundaries, and not let anyone take advantage of them anymore. He has been incredibly healing for me.

My Mothers, Sekhmet and Mafdet, I have also grown close to. I have a different but similar bond with Them.

I have a feeling that Sekhmet came into my life as another god for a while. She has indicated to me that She was there without me knowing, and has been very proud about how much I've been advocating for my own health this year -- battling chronic pain and mental illnesses. Under Her watchful eye and Set's gentle tutelage, I have grown so much. Sekhmet has taught me that Love and Compassion and Empathy are the greatest gifts I can give, to myself and to others. And that yes, sometimes those things come out very fiery, and the need to stand up for others and speak Ma'at. She for me comes as a Lady of Appropriate Action a lot (and Mafdet overlaps that), but also a Lady of Compassion and a Lady of Love.

Mafdet I adore dearly, but She is very, very quiet. Sometimes Her voice and sensations are drowned out by Sekhmet and Set, but She is always there if I reach for Her specifically. She understands the need for precise action as opposed to Sekhmet's broad way of approaching things. I am still working on getting to know Her, but I find that She's just keen to sit back in the shadows and watch things.

Wesir I've been getting closer too lately, too. He came into my life just over a year ago, and has stuck around. He has taught me that I can grow, sprout, reach for the sun. Let the dead leaves fall away and grow new ones. If Set has taught me to survive, Wesir has taught me to thrive. That I can be and do more even as I heal and grow. Sekhmet and Mafdet overlap, and Set and Wesir tend to compliment each other.

I've been slowly meeting and developing relationships with other Netjeru, but those are the closest to me.
Ushedimuti | "My Mothers address me."

{ Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Mafdet, meryt Set!
Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter / Advocate | Self-Care Set Keeper
daughter-of-the-red-land.tumblr.com }

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2018, 07:30:43 pm »
I have a feeling that Sekhmet came into my life as another god for a while.

I experienced something similar with Set, although I didn't perceive him as a god at the time I initially experienced him -- he was more of an image of strength, and endurance, and triumph in the face of unrelenting evil.  But in the past few months I had an experience of Set with that exact same image, and I recognized then that he'd come to me over a year before, in one of my darkest hours.  And I am very grateful to him for that.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline André Siano

• Remetj
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2018, 12:02:16 am »
Em Hotep

Konshu,Ra,Sekhmet,Djehut and Aset...and..Heak too in some way.
May Ma'At always prevail!!

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279821
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything