Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?  (Read 139570 times)

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 07:01:55 am »
I'd definitely have to say my Mother Amunet (duh, lol!) is the closest to me. And although i have a very close-knit relationship with most of my Beloveds, outside of my RPD i deal with numerous Names off and on all the time, especially with so many other Kemetics in my house. I have a deep soft spot in my heart for Wepwawet, Djehuty, and Nefertem, though. I am also becoming fond of some of the other Names in the Ogdoad, specifically Kuk, recently. They are hard to wrap the head around though, lol!

---- aside ----
Set and Heru-wer hang around for Sensenet, and Ra-Heruakhty and Wepwawet are often nearby for Khetem. Amusingly enough when i asked Hemet about Set as a Beloved, she said He confirmed He was there for Sensenet primarily. And sometimes Amunet (and recently Seshat) hangs around Khetem for one reason or another.

Makes one wonder if there's like a Netjer-bubble around us that affects those nearby directly. Too bad there's not very many large groups of Kemetics living together to test it out...
---- /aside ----
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tabau »
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Online Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 08:55:22 am »
I feel like most people are going to say their Parents, hehe.

With that said, I feel closest to Djehuty. But I also feel equally close to Geb. Hethert is also another Name of Netjer that I am very close to. But outside my line-up, I am quite close to Heru-wer. Some other Names that I are a part of my life, yet on a lesser scale, are Ra, Shu, Nut, Khnum, and Aset. And I have been trying to get close to some lesser known Names. One that I am particularly drawn to is Hu.

Senebty
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Fundraising Event Coordinator
Fedw diviner for Djehuty
Blog

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 09:15:37 am »
Quote from: Endy
And I have been trying to get close to some lesser known Names. One that I am particularly drawn to is Hu.

After some searching, Hu sounds like a fascinating Name! Glad to know there's some more Odd God love going 'round. :) I'd love to hear any interesting tidbits you find! I'm also trying to get to know some of the lesser known Names. They surprise me almost every time! Kuk is scary at first, but there is a comfort to His darkness, the emptiness and stillness.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:19:35 am by Tabau »
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy

Offline Sekhmetnenek

• Shemsu
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 09:20:28 am »
Em hotep!

Although I have not yet done any formal workings with any Name, I do feel most drawn to Sekhmet (or one of Her syncretized forms like Sekhmet-Hethert or Sekhmet-Mut). Her image has always inspired me to persevere, even when I am most down. In that way, I feel that She has made herself known to me. I definitely do need to investigate this link before I can be too sure.

I do have a list of Names which interest me a lot for what They represent or embody for me. Set, in particular, sticks out to me. He embodies the necessity of destruction/chaos FOR order and rebirth (mainly what I get from Him fighting Ap_p). Other names that interest me are Sobek and Djehuty.

Like I said, I have no formal workings with any of the Names, so this is just my impressions for now. I will obviously be more clear as I continue my explorations into Kemetic spirituality. I am glad the Beginner's Course is starting soon, because I certainly have a lot of questions and am eager to truly learn.

Senebty!

[ps- I had forgotten I responded to this, so I deleted my old post lol sorry]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:05:52 am by Vethorn »
Sekhmetnenek|Sekhmet Belongs to Me|
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert,
Mery Nebthet-Nit-Seshat

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 09:40:49 am »
yeah it's starting next week. can't wait to see you there.

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 11:10:19 am »
Quote from: Tabau
---- aside ----
Set and Heru-wer hang around for Sensenet, and Ra-Heruakhty and Wepwawet are often nearby for Khetem. Amusingly enough when i asked Hemet about Set as a Beloved, she said He confirmed He was there for Sensenet primarily. And sometimes Amunet (and recently Seshat) hangs around Khetem for one reason or another.

Makes one wonder if there's like a Netjer-bubble around us that affects those nearby directly. Too bad there's not very many large groups of Kemetics living together to test it out...
---- /aside ----

Actually, there is something of a "bubble" around us. :)

Those of us who live together with other divined people sometimes feel the presence of those people's Gods around us. For instance, Zaer (my husband) has Sobek as a Beloved... after he was divined (actually, I take that back: before he was divined even, just in a different way), I felt Sobek's presence around me as well. I, as well as others, have asked Hemet(AUS) about this, and She's replied that the Gods do take an interest in those Their people love... so we sort of have Beloveds-in-law(s). (So, while I feel Sobek around me quite a bit of the time, He isn't specifically in my "line up", but He does watch over me because I am married to one of His beloveds. :) )
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 12:14:43 pm »
Wepwawet, of course. ;) Though until RPD He presented Himself as Yinepu. Long story there. Seshat is so close I still am not sure why I am not dual-parented.
Aset has been very maternal to me at times when I really needed it, and yesterday I FINALLY got my first statue of Her and have a shrine complete now. I'm especially close with Her as Weret Hekau.
Wadjet is another Name, and during the icon presentation at Wep Ronpet this year, I touched Hers when it came out and got a en electric jolt without the electricity. I got an icon of Her last month and now it resides near my senut shrine and She and I are both quite pleased.

I'm growing fond of Heru-Wer, and both Sekhmet and Hethert may be sneaking in more. ;)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Tarudsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:43 pm »
I've felt a connection to Hethert and Shu for a long time now, and we've been very close ever since I learned who They are. I've also been building a relationship with Heru-sa-Aset since my RPD, and we've become a lot closer over the past few months.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tarudsenu »
Tarudsenu: "Stairway to Two"
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-sa-Aset,
meryt Shu her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

Facebook

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 04:03:21 pm »
Bast and Sekhmet.  

i actually seem to experience Them as syncretized, which i'm not sure many others here do.  (anyone?????? :)  )

Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 08:38:04 pm »
It's not too far off.  There is a Sekhmet-Bast-Ra.  And they're also connected through Hethert.  Hethert is the Southern Bast and Bast is the Northern Hethert.  And Sekhmet is Hethert, so there you go.  :)

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 09:33:17 pm »
In my case the Gods of my RPD and Ra, Khepera and Amun-Ra.
Aqheretbastmut
"Entering in face to face with Bast-Mut"
Sat Bast-Mut, Meryt Set her Djehuty her Sekhmet-Hethert her Ra

"The weak must have nothing to run from and the strong must always have something to strive for"
St Benedict of Nursia

Online Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 11:03:22 pm »
Quote from: Tabau
And I have been trying to get close to some lesser known Names. One that I am particularly drawn to is Hu.

After some searching, Hu sounds like a fascinating Name! Glad to know there's some more Odd God love going 'round. :) I'd love to hear any interesting tidbits you find! I'm also trying to get to know some of the lesser known Names. They surprise me almost every time! Kuk is scary at first, but there is a comfort to His darkness, the emptiness and stillness.

Wow! Never heard of Kuk before. He sounds so intriguing. At first I was like "Comfort?!" :o But I've been thinking about it for the last couple hours and I think I can see where you are coming from...

That's so cool. Thanks for sharing, Tabau :)
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Fundraising Event Coordinator
Fedw diviner for Djehuty
Blog

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:30 am »
Quote from: Tuwer
Actually, there is something of a "bubble" around us.

Those of us who live together with other divined people sometimes feel the presence of those people's Gods around us........I, as well as others, have asked Hemet(AUS) about this, and She's replied that the Gods do take an interest in those Their people love... so we sort of have Beloveds-in-law(s). (So, while I feel Sobek around me quite a bit of the time, He isn't specifically in my "line up", but He does watch over me because I am married to one of His beloveds.)

It's cool to know that someone else has had a similar experience. Having 3 divined Shemsu and a rootnamed child (teen now) in the house here makes things interesting. We're pretty sure Weheb is a Sobek or Sobek-Ra kid, He hangs around often. So many Names makes life wodnerful, interesting, and tiring, lol! Names that aren't even in any of our line-ups hang around, too.

*wanders off to ponder the idea*
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2009, 05:15:55 am »
Wow! Never heard of Kuk before. He sounds so intriguing. At first I was like "Comfort?!" But I've been thinking about it for the last couple hours and I think I can see where you are coming from...

That's so cool. Thanks for sharing, Tabau

He's the stillness before everything Became. Kinda like the heart of Zep-Tepi, nestled in between today and tomorrow in the silence. ;) You're welcome!
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 07:15:04 pm »
I've always had a deep connection with Bast since I can remember. I actually started studying Egyptian history because I heard that they worshiped cats and discovered Bast in a book. I've loved cats since I was little and Bast always reminded my of a fun-loving, yet protective mother. I also more recently developed a connection with Horus (Heru-sa-Aset); ever since I working with Horus I've seen hawks EVERYWHERE and they always make me smile; I've also always worn a pendant with his Eye on it. I also feel a tenuous connection with Neith, though I'm still exploring that one.
"If you ain't laughing, you ain't living."
-Carlos Mencia

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2840
  • stats Total Posts: 279922
  • stats Total Topics: 18832
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything