collapse collapse

* Donation Status

100%+   Current donation status as of January 15, 2021 = $2,500 of $2,500 (100%)   Donate!

Plus Projected Rollover of $1,462.56!!!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?  (Read 174635 times)

Offline Sopdetmuti

• Shemsu
Re: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2010, 03:18:41 pm »
Em hotep,

Before I joined KO, I had a long relationship with my mother Hethert. Bast became more present in my life few days before I decided to follow the beginner classes. Amun-Ra has a discreet presence. Bes appeared in my life from time to time, Seshat and the star Sopdet too. Hethert is the netjeret whose presence has the greatest impact on my life. She gave me birth in the kemetic faith while Bast introduces me in the kemetic orthodoxy.

Senebty
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Sopdetmuti »
Sopdetmuti
"My two Mothers are effective for me."
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet her Bast, meryt Amun-Ra
Followed beginners classes from July 2006 to January 2007.
RPD March 27, 2007 - Reiki Master

Offline Hemka

• Shemsu
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2010, 08:04:23 pm »
Em hotep,

Of late Ive felt so much love for Aset.Just the thought of her makes me giddy. Also Ive also got the name Wepwawet on my mind alot.But I wouldnt know how one knows if they have a  connection to a particular god.Is there some sign?

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2010, 09:08:03 pm »
Quote from: Dendera
Em hotep,
But I wouldnt know how one knows if they have a  connection to a particular god.Is there some sign?

Often I get a general feeling of who the particular Name is. If I don't, I will get a feeling of Gender or some other kind of indication in the right direction, that when I ask others, they can tell me.

Also, if in doubt, you can always ask - sometimes they just come right out and tell you Themselves.
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 09:25:50 am »
Well, for me it has always started with a feeling of attraction to the god or something he or she is associated with, like an animal.  

For example, one time I was looking through a website selling statuary and Egyptian-themed house decor.  There was a statue of Khnum holding a shield and spear.  I felt really drawn to it and put it on my mental list of things to buy when I  get some money.  I thought nothing else of it until a while later, three or four months or so, I was reading a book in bed and was suddenly aware of a male entity who radiated calmness and benevolence, and smelled of cool water---like lake or river water.  He started talking about the art supplies under my bed that had laid there untouched for over a year, and said that he wanted me to make arts and crafts for him.  He didn't say his name but I knew who it was.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:26:47 am by Vega »

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 10:58:16 am »
Long before I joined KO, I always had an interest with Yinepu. Always thought He was cool/awesome (He still is =P), and I have always been a dog lover.  Even after joining KO, I still have a strong connection to Him, though my focus is also just as strong with my beautiful mother Sekhmet, Who was the One who brought me to the KO and first came to me when I was overseas in Iraq many years ago.
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert mery Amun, Djehuty her Wapwawet-Yinepu

SematerSekhmet
'Bear Witness to Sekhmet's Truth'

'Come with me.  Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save the things they love.  My job, my mission, the reason I've been put on this earth is to save wildlife.'
~Steve Irwin

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 11:50:51 am »
A long time ago in a glaxy far away *insert music* xD

Before I joined the KO I had a connection to Heru-sa-Aset for a good few months, I was going through a bit of spiritual crisis and all of a sudden Heru showed up and I guess grabbed me by the collar and said "Here, take a look at this". Now there is less of a connection with him and ironically I've been getting a lot of vibes from Set. Both me and Laura (shadowlily) joke and say it's because we're both redheads.
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
- Dr. Seuss

Sa Sekhmet-Mut her Nisut (AUS)
mery Set
Fedw Diviner

Offline Menemaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2010, 11:57:49 am »
I
Quote from: Haku
Both me and Laura (shadowlily) joke and say it's because we're both redheads.

>_< :D

I find it extremely interesting how different my current answers to this thread are from when i first answered it back in September. It's more like my "list" narrowed a bit.

The beginner's class really did give me a few new perspectives. :)
Menem
Son of Aset, beloved of Seshat and Mut

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy

Offline Munefmontu

• Shemsu
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 06:48:19 pm »
Quote from: Vega
Well, for me it has always started with a feeling of attraction to the god or something he or she is associated with, like an animal.  

For example, one time I was looking through a website selling statuary and Egyptian-themed house decor.  There was a statue of Khnum holding a shield and spear.  I felt really drawn to it and put it on my mental list of things to buy when I  get some money.  I thought nothing else of it until a while later, three or four months or so, I was reading a book in bed and was suddenly aware of a male entity who radiated calmness and benevolence, and smelled of cool water---like lake or river water.  He started talking about the art supplies under my bed that had laid there untouched for over a year, and said that he wanted me to make arts and crafts for him.  He didn't say his name but I knew who it was.

That was sooo Khnum! That statue however... does it look like  this?  if so Hemet has said that isn't Knhum but rather a Netjeri. Thouhg He doesn't seem to mind the statue :)
Sat Montu
Meryt Amun-Ra her Sekhmet her Khnum

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2010, 09:04:56 am »
Yes, that's the one!

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2010, 02:24:31 pm »
So what does an actual statue of Khnum look like then? I always thought that was Him.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Sekhenetnut

• Shemsu
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2010, 03:44:57 am »
Well, Nut kicked me in the rear and brought me here so I have much love for her. Incidentally, when I visited Egypt years ago, it's her image that I brought back.

Recently, Bast-Mut makes me smile. I've always loved Bast, but it's as if Bast-Mut is more 'right'. It's hard to explain.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Utusitusi »
Sekhenetnut |Brought together by Nut
Sat Nut meryt Mut her Bes!

Offline Iteru_Heset

• Shemsu
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2010, 10:54:58 pm »
I feel my strongest connections to both Seshat and Djehuty.

My personal interests have always been time, writing, books, lists and alphabetising (I think that one comes diretly from Seshat *LOL*) and ancient history so I have always felt that these Netjeru have always been by my side at one time or another :)

I also feel connections to Sopdet (Sirius) and Sah (Orion) (I suspect that they bring me guidance in my love of astronomy), as well as Bast (my love of cats), Isis (my interest in magick), Taweret (as part of my fertility altar)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by RiverSong »
Sasaisenu
"I satisfy Two" or "I cause that Two be satisfied"

sat Seshat her Djehuty
meryt Heru-wer her Bast her Nut

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2010, 11:07:56 pm »
Quote from: Utusitusi

Recently, Bast-Mut makes me smile. I've always loved Bast, but it's as if Bast-Mut is more 'right'. It's hard to explain.

I remember that feeling.  She is, in general, hard to explain.  But that's okay.  You don't have to.  :)
Tasedjebbastmut (Taji),
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset
Devoted to the Queen of Heaven (in various iterations)

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2010, 02:33:59 pm »
Bast and Sekhmet and Sekhmet and Bast.  :)  
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2010, 04:34:58 pm »
[color:#CC33CC]I'm beginning to develop just 'something' for Set, other than respect, inclining toward admiration. Definitely looking for angle of view to see him as a very constructive force, even if a bit chaotic.

Or: Where's his fanclub, dammit *g*

Seems too me Taweret is sticking around too, more prominent since the time of the RPD, so I'm trying to figure out how she and Set match together to my experiences. Needed to say I feel warmth from Her and like the 'poke, poke, heere!' feel.[/color]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Vaalea »
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300106
  • stats Total Topics: 20626
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955