Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?  (Read 131697 times)

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
Re: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2017, 10:01:26 pm »
The gods I feel closest to right now are Heru-wer and Wesir.

Names I feel drawn to and hope to get to know better include Ptah and Khnum.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert and Set

Offline jenniferi

• Remetj
« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2017, 01:54:25 pm »
I feel close to lately are Aset, Wadjet, Bast, Heru (I can't quite tell which Heru yet), Hethert, Kephri, Sobek, Djehuty and Ra. They all come and go as they please, Aset I have had a connection to for along time though.

I'd like to get to know Ptah, Heket, Nut, Sekhmet and Wepwawet-Yinepu
Self Care HetHert Supporter
Usui Reiki Master/Teacher

Offline Typhonian

« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2017, 11:14:41 pm »
Definitely Sutah. He's always been my patron, though, not always the god I've been interested in the most throughout my life. But his strong will and Don't [censored] with me attitude speaks to me.

Offline EMECOR

« Reply #228 on: June 19, 2017, 02:33:57 am »
Bast has always been my patron goddess, and She definitely communicates with me the most. It was less of me finding Her and more Her choosing me years ago, and now here we are!

Sekhmet and Aset have popped in from time to time, and I've been thinking about opening the shrine to Them.

Offline Qenet

• Shemsu
« Reply #229 on: June 19, 2017, 09:16:04 am »
I feel closest to Serqet, with Aset and Bast right beside Her :)  Serqet is my primary patron Goddess.
Senebty,
QenenetSerqet (Qenet) 'Serqet is Supreme'

sat Serqet-Aset her Bast
(Daughter of Serqet-Aset and Bast)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #230 on: June 19, 2017, 02:24:54 pm »
Happy to see so much Aset love
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Iseqi-itw

• Shemsu
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2017, 07:13:38 pm »
I have to say, since starting on my journey here Set has been my closest connection and I've found a deep respect in making a place for him in my shrine, but I've also felt increasing presence from Ra.  Dani's shrine and my shrine face each other (where he and Bast are) and though it's a newer connection and I haven't yet had my RPD I'm looking forward to exploring it.   :)
Iseqi-itw (Iseqi) - “I wait for Two Fathers.”
Formerly: Lelena
------
Sat Amun-ra her Set
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Wer

Offline Carol Cozer

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2017, 08:35:04 pm »
The first one was Aset, but during the begginers class Bast showed up. :D
Daughter of Bast
Beloved of Set, Aset-Serqet, Sobek, and Sekhmet-Hethert.
https://allaboutbast.tumblr.com

Offline Asetzeresi

• Shemsu
« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2017, 02:07:20 pm »
My beloveds: Sekhemet and Amun-Ra. As well as my mother Aset-Serqet is coming out more lately for connection. :)
Asetzeresi (Aset Awakens Me)
Sat Aset-Serqet, meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun-Ra, her Bast.

Offline Anepu

Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?
« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2018, 11:57:26 am »
I feel closed to Anubis
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:17:45 pm by Anepu »

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2018, 11:35:43 am »
My entire line up with emphasis on Yinepu, Aset, Wesir.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Self-Care Aset Advocate, Self-Care Yinepu Keeper

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Sobeq - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2018, 01:56:54 pm »
Out of the gods of my RPD, in order of closeness: Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Khonsu, Nebthet, Nut, Bast.
Rev. Sobeqsenu
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu, & Nebt-het
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen | Heri-sesheta Wepwawet

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2018, 06:22:30 pm »
Set, Heru-Wer, Sobek, Montu . . . for whatever reason, very masculine Gods (usually of war, in some respect) Who are "strong with the law" are ever-present in my life. Or I am drawn to Them. Or both. Even with Amun-Ra, I don't get the "Wise Old King of the Gods" aspect of Him. I get the more youthful, beautiful, warlike, virile version of Amun-Ra. "The Dazzling Ram of Heaven" and "Lord of the Aurora," as I like to call Him. :3

I love Heket and Taweret, but I don't really feel like I have any deep connections with any of the Goddesses. At all. I still pay homage to the Great Ladies, absolutely, but I get a feeling of "We hear your praises and accept them, We love you and you love Us, but you belong more with the testosterone party over there." :P

It's fun to look back on this thread and see how much has changed since the year I joined the Temple, and how much has stayed the same over the years. :)

Some worship-relations were confirmed and reaffirmed (i.e., Set as my "First Father," Amun-Re-Banebdjedet as the second and "Great Father," Heru-Wer as a Beloved, Herishef as a Beloved, etc.). Some Netjeru receded into the background completely (like Montu). Some remain persistently-strong presences despite no "official" divination-confirmation of any kind (i.e., Sobek). Some exploded into the epicenter of my personal religious observances (namely, the Egyptianized Levantine Gods, Who were "there" before my RPD but are now even MORE "there" since having it done). And, I have since come to learn that I am nowhere near as "Netjeret-aloof" -- and They were nowhere near being aloof of me -- as I once believed I was, when I first committed to being part of the Kemetic Orthodox community as a Remetj all those years ago. :)

My religious life had all at once become more focused, more stable, and more prolific since I had my RPD, and then had the Beloved Divination for Yinepu(-Wepwawet) the following year.

Not that I ever believed otherwise, but, looking back on what I said in 2012, it impresses upon me how, even when one "knows what one is doing" and when one has come into a much greater and much more secure sense of direction, one's religious life doesn't simply plateau and remain unchanged after hitting a certain religious milestone or another. It's a kind of living thing that, even given the presence of some constants and some unalterable certainties, will continue to grow and change. :)
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Online Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2018, 06:33:14 am »
Djehuty and Yinepu have had my attention for several years . . . They're the Ones who've called me most strongly.

However.

Cue the realization of an existential crisis and boom, Set's shown up. No warning. Just... there He is. And I'm slowly understanding why and beginning to really enjoy His presence. :) Which is funny, I guess, because we're polar opposites, Set and I(and likely why I have so much to learn from Him!)

"Polar opposites"? Ahahaha!!!

*snickers*

I knew so little back then. ;)

Thanks for giving me the idea to look back at my own post, Sedjfai!

Nowadays, I'm still closest to Papa Set. Ptah and Mama Sekhmet are "tied" for second, albeit for different reasons--there's a different kind of closeness I have with Each of Them. I think I'll become closer with Djehuty when I start writing on a regular basis again, or if I get into grad school; for the moment, (W)we're not as close as (W)we once were. And Yinepu, meanwhile, stepped back the closer I got to my RPD. When I wrote that post, He was there for a very distinct reason, and now that reason doesn't exist. Still. He was a wonderful friend and guide to have, just the same.

Heru-Wer I'm still learning much about. ^_^ I've rarely had experiences with Him separate from Papa.

So, so interesting to read this thread! Thank you all for sharing!

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:02:32 am by Gezausenu »
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau for short; thank you!)
meset Set her Sekhmet
meryt Ptah, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
( they / them / their / themself )
"Let your bending in the Archer's hand be for gladness." - Kahlil Gibran.

Offline Tanisiaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2018, 12:50:25 pm »
It feels like the Netjeru I'm closest to seems to change every so often. At first, it was Yinepu, then it became Aset about a year after that, then Hethert showed up a couple more years down the line and I began to share my love between the two of them...

But just recently, Djehuty and Seshat both showed up and I really connected with them? I'm not sure if I'm necessarily closer to them right now than I am with Aset and Hethert, but I'm feeling a WAY strong connection to them at the moment!
Tanisiaset - "The One Aset Summons"

Sat Aset-weret-hekau
Meryt Djehuty, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her Hethert-Mut
*Sau Apprentice*

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2621
  • stats Total Posts: 270416
  • stats Total Topics: 18088
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 101
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything