collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?  (Read 132731 times)

Offline Os

Re: Which Netjeru do you feel most connected with?
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2018, 12:56:23 pm »
I do not know . But I feel connected with many of godz 

Offline Jackmcvey9

« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2018, 03:37:07 pm »
All my life I've been every connected to Bast. However I'm starting to have a relationship with Ra and Khonsu.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Offline jackalspawn

« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2018, 07:26:17 pm »
My father anubis/anpu mainly and for the longest time (since I was 7) but recently I’ve added sekhmet as a patron but I also worship sobek, bast, and Horus
jackal

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2018, 02:47:42 am »
Yinepu/Wepwawet, since I was 18 (a few years ago LOL), he was present when I died and came back. I started working with Him in earnest in 2010/11 when He started reaching out in my dreams. He has taught me many, many things; saved my life twice, and been there for me in so many ways since then.

A few years ago, He told me to "Go with Heru", which I did, and I'm learning just how much of an influence He has had on my life from the beginning. He, and Sekhmet.

Sekhmet came to me in 2012, via a dream, telling me "I can help you". I worked with Her on and off since then...and am now learning how much both She and Heru Sa Aset have acted in tandem throughout my life.

While Yinepu/Wepwawet has had His roles and His overriding influence, after I got my RPD last month, I've begun to see how Sekhmet and Heru Sa Aset have been right there all along. It is as if Yinepu has orchestrated a complex continuing series of events where He is the overriding main character with Sekhmet and Heru Sa Aset having supporting roles at first, unknown to me largely, but then coming in with many more influences than I realized.

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline nodmad

« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2018, 10:45:42 pm »
Sekhmet is the reason I found KO. I feel a strong connection with her and she has helped guide me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline Jack.

• Remetj
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2018, 12:58:55 am »
Heru-wer, mostly. Now a days.

Used to be Set but He took a step back once Heru-wer stepped forward. That connection is still there.

Edit: There seems to be an alternation between  Set & Heru-wer for some reason, I feel an even stronger connection to Bawy, Who is Heru-wer & Set as One. Oddly, I've considered the idea of both Set & Heru-wer as being my Parents before knowing about Bawy. A couple of people who have guessed at my RPD lineup have said "Bawy vibes" about it before I ever even mentioned those thoughts. We'll see.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 03:19:29 pm by Jack. »
"And if I need a rhythm, it'll be to my heart I listen if it don't put me too far wrong"- Rósín Murphy

Offline barghestbones

« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2018, 04:30:36 pm »
(Addendum: I apologize in advance for how long this is... I suppose I just talked out my chaotic thoughts that needed sorting.. )

Em hotep!

It's a neat idea to log my current and past experiences here like a time machine so that I can compare my now to my then.

A note to make before I start is that my family (both my mom's and dad's) lived in Egypt for over 8 years, and I was close to being able to call Egypt my birthplace. Too bad that my family's military career drug them back to the US before I could! My birthname is Caira, in honor of ny family's time spent in Egypt before I was born (my parents met and wed there, etc.).

(I'm trans, and the above is my deadname, so this is really hard for me to talk about and I maaaaaay have to edit this post to cross that name out, just so we're on the same page.)

Growing up, I was fascinated with Ancient Egypt and the Netjeru. I was fixated on both Bast and Anpu, but I researched as many Others as I could. Over time, I grew "out" of the fixation, and the Netjeru took a backseat in my life, up until I entered the Pagan community and stumbled upon KO and Kemeticism in general.

Bast stepped forward to claim me and gently guided me towards Kemeticism a few years ago. She's been so ginger in Her handling of me and patient with where I'm at. I'm so grateful to Her. I wouldn't be surprised if She ended up being a Parent or a Beloved. A little while ago, She again stepped back to allow Others to come forth.

I made a place on my shrine for Anpu (with a stone carving of His head, actually bought in Egypt decades ago...), but the most communication I get with Him is a very small nod, after which He returns to His other business. I don't begrudge Him this; He has much to do. I still want to honor Him for His having guided me to Kemeticism.

Set has been around for a few years, even though I do have memories of being compelled to thoroughly research Him and His Beast when I was a teenager (I was very interested in cryptozoology- still am!). At first, I usually summarized His role in my life as brother, but now, I'm wondering if maybe He is more interested in taking on the role of Father.

Sekhmet stepped up after Bast bowed out, and took the reins up with a strength that I have never felt before. Her power is just so raw, so life-giving, so unrelenting, yet so rejuvenating and calming at the same time. I know that our relationship has been short, but Her love for me is so tangible and intoxicating that it's incredibly easy for me to declare that She's definitely my Parent, 100%, every One Else out of the way, Sekhmet is my One and All! Anyway, She is the One who guided me back to KO. I had put on blinders to it because I disagreed with a few of KO's teachings, but She is not-so-kindly ripping the blinders off and encouraging me to study, research, and actually question why I disagree with KO's teachings, without any input from my preconceived notions about the Nisut and the House.

Other Netjeru I am interested in establishing relationships with are Serqet, Aset, Khnum, Mafdet, Sobek, Hapi, Ra, Wadjet, Hethert, Ma'ahes, the Herus, and Others that slip my mind at the moment.

I'm impatiently awaiting the next beginner's class (I've submitted my application) and so I spend my free time for now studying about the Netjeru, Their mythology, the Nisut, offerings, Senut, and the like. I've studied Kemeticism for a while now, and have used the Nisut's prayerbook to practice Senut and the like. I have once again refreshed myself on KO's teachings through Devo's blogs, the House guest forums, etc., and am finally open to learning all I can about KO, without my flippant hand-waving away what I didn't agree with.

I'm sorry that got so long! I'm grateful for the forums to be able to communicate my thoughts on spirituality for once.

Senebty!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:56:25 pm by barghestbones »

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2018, 08:32:39 am »
Thank you so much for sharing your story barghestbones! <3
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline KatieP

• Remetj
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2018, 04:16:19 pm »
Em Hotep, All!
I have felt very connected to Aset, as I feel like she led me to my interest in KO and Egyptian spirituality. Also, recently I've felt a connection with Set as well.

Senebty,
Katie

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2018, 09:47:52 pm »
Em hotep all,

I'm not sure if I posted on this thread (and I didn't go back and read the prior 17 pages).

I'm most drawn to Yinepu, Amun, Bast, Aset, Hethert, and Set (in that order).  I have a soft spot for Heru Sa Aset as he helped me get my little house, the job and all of the things I wanted so that I could give more time to the House of Netjer in the future.  To cut to the chase though ..my heart belongs to Daddy with the big Jackal head.

I've been here going on 20 years now ...I couldn't imagine me not being Kemetic Orthodox after all these years.  I will love and honor and serve not only the House of Netjer but the Egyptian gods and goddesses to my last dying breath.  :)

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2631
  • stats Total Posts: 271771
  • stats Total Topics: 18214
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 101
  • stats Most Online: 182