My story.

Ankh wedja seneb

I have just arrived and wanted to introduce myself, my name is Shepsetet and I am a young 63 year old woman.
My name was given to me during an intense dream when I was 18.
As a young girl I always had intense and vivid dreams about what I later found out was Ancient Kemet the dreams happened almost nightly. I was 6.
This created an almost obsessive desire to learn as much as I was able about Ancient Kemet, at 11 I began buying every book I could find and demanded books for birthdays etc.
It was like an illness the more I learned the more I wanted to know. My parents were never interested in religion of any sort so I was pretty much left to my own devices. However, I found myself becoming more frustrated about not being able to read the ancient words.
So I began to study the sacred hieroglyphs at 16 by the time I was 18 I was able to read and write them.
Just after my 18th birthday I received a significant windfall from an aunt who I barely knew. Within a few days I had booked a three week holiday to Kemet, my parents were horrified however, I had no fear.
Over the first two weeks I visited the temples, I was like a little girl in a toy shop. I spent hours and days studying the inscriptions I couldn’t stop, I remember thinking it was like heaven I had never been that excited before. It was then I had no doubt that I had found truth.
During the last week I booked an excursion to Philae, the sensation I felt as I entered was like nothing I had ever felt before.
After a while I sat in the shade eating my lunch that the hotel had prepared for me. I was soaking up the majesty of the temple when I felt someone sit down next to me. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and a feeling of warmth go through me.
Then the voice in my head said " you have found me daughter and know that I am with you always" when I turned there was nobody else there.
I travelled back to the hotel in an almost trance like state I was having difficulty understanding what happened.
That night I had the most intense dream I had ever had. I was sat cross legged on a rug under a tree a beautiful woman stood smiling at me she was shining. Although no sound came from her mouth the same voice was in my head. Shepsetet over and over again.
I changed my name very soon after getting back to the UK and I have been Shepsetet ever since.
I know know that the shining beautiful woman was Aset.
I live on my own and always have done. My spare room in my home I converted into a temple of Aset, Wasir and Heru it took me over a year to complete.
I allow few to enter, not because of some ideology but because they probably wouldn’t understand.
I conduct the ritual of awakening just before dawn and the ritual of thanks for my life and everything I have just after sunset.
When I am conducting the ritual of healing I am certain I can see Aset smiling at me, the feeling of love that surrounds me is almost overwhelming.
I know Aset is with me always, Heru comes to me when I need strength. Wasir comes when I am struggling with a difficult problem his wisdom is boundless.
I follow the laws of Ma’at at all times and willingly offer my assistance to anyone.
I am thankful to be here and look forward to sharing knowledge as even after 45 years there is plenty I still have to learn.
Well that is my story so far.
Go in peace and love.
May the Netjeru protect and guide you all.

Shepsetet xx

6 Likes

Em hotep and welcome

Em hotep and wecome!

1 Like

What a lovely experience

What a beautiful story. I’d love to go to egypt some day, and expirience this!

Welcome, I too hope to visit Egypt some day, but until then, I am happy to know more people who love the Netjeru!

Em hotep and welcome!

Senebty!

Thank you all for your welcome.
Kemet is a wonderful place, I return as often as possible in order to recharge my Heka.
As all in our faith I believe that Kemet is our spiritual home.
All glory and praise to the Netjeru.
Shepsetet xx

Em hotep, welcome!

Thank you!